I created this page so that I could share the pages and resources that have helped me throughout my journey with grief. If you’re struggling, I hope you can find something here that might help you.
This is by no means a full list, it’s some of the accounts that I have found most helpful during my journey. If you have Instagram, simply search “grief” on the explore tab and there are thousands of accounts to choose from.
- Let’s Talk About Loss website and Facebook page
- The Grief Gang Facebook page and instagram profile
- The New Normal Charity website and instagram profile
- Spoken Grief YouTube channel and Instagram profile
- Life. Death. Whatever. website and instagram profile
Let’s Talk About Loss is a safe space to talk through the taboos and address the reality of losing someone close to you when you are young. They run meet up groups in cities across the UK for young people aged 18 to 35 who have been bereaved. They believe that uniting young people who have experienced loss allows them to share their stories and struggles without fear, judgement or awkward silences. They have loads of groups across the country and you can find yours here!
The Grief Gang podcast was created by Amber Jeffrey to normalise the conversation that is grief. She welcomes you to join the gang…the one you never asked to be a part of. Amber was 19 when she lost her Mum to a sudden heart attack. Her episodes are brilliantly put together, sometimes with special guests who share their own stories too.
The New Normal Charity is a project which connects young people to help and support one another through life’s tough moments. Jack and Ben host weekly meet ups for young adults to talk and connect with others, addressing issues and sharing experiences. Their website includes their events calendar and interactive tools which enable you to submit stories and contribute to their playlist.
Spoken Grief instagram account posts so many interactive posts for people who are grieving, alongside helpful guidance and education for people who might be trying to approach and respond to another person’s grief.
Life. Death. Whatever. is an instagram account that I stumbled across on my explore tab. They present their account as a community which addresses death, dying, loss, life, grief, funerals, living, and illness. They run interactive posts which encourage their followers to share their experiences and stories. The mini gallery below is my submission – which you can see on their website.
- The Dead Moms Club by Kate Spencer
- Things I Wish I Knew Before My Mom Died: Coping with Loss Every Day by Ty Alexander
- Loss of a Parent: Adult Grief When Parents Die by Theresa Jackson
- It’s Ok That You’re Not Ok: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understand – Megan Devine
- Undying: A Love Story: Michel Faber
- The Hot Young Widows Club – Nora McInerny
- Life. Death. Whatever. The book – Anna Lyons & Louise Winter
- Everybody Died, So I Got a Dog – Emily Dean
- Dear Life: A Doctor’s Story of Love and Loss – Rachel Clarke
- The Boy, The Mole, The Fox, and The Horse – Charlie Mackesy